The Channel Company is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organization on the cutting edge of media. We provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
We are passionate about our people, products and customers and our values are at the heart of our business; they define us, and they are how we conduct ourselves both as a company and as individuals.
Our values are summed up as; integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust, good judgment, passion for our work, curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If these are aligned with your values, then keep reading.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join The Channel Company EMEA at our central location in Covent Garden to manage and develop our Computing portfolio of events and membership – the UK’s leading source of dedicated news, analysis & insight for the UK IT channel community.
The role will focus on developing the market position of Computing and work closely with the Group Head of Marketing, to drive registrations for live/hybrid conferences and awards entries, drive top-of-the-funnel sales leads as well as grow and engage our audience readership. You will manage a marketing assistant and help support them on their events and products. You will need to be proactive, efficient, organized, and target driven.
The successful candidate will have marketing and events experience. They will also have strong attention to detail and writing skills, as well as being used to working with key stakeholders.
You’ll be joining a fun, supportive, and hardworking wider marketing team. It is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team where ideas are welcome, creativity is encouraged and support is given.
This will role will be exposed to all areas and seniorities of the business and is a great opportunity for the right person to progress within the business.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Implement successful marketing initiatives to grow event delegates/entry numbers, brand reach & membership acquisition
• Support the sales pipeline with highly qualified, sales ready leads for events
• Develop and execute strategies that drive awareness and engagement
• Take a data-driven approach to customising marketing assets
• Manage and co-ordinate the content marketing schedule to drive customer engagement and support SEO strategy
• Work closely with editorial and the events team on event and product development and improvements
• Develop and co-ordinate marketing activity across multiple channels including email, website, print, events and social media to drive lead generation
• Ensuring content is current, accurate and relevant across websites and event collateral
• Managing social media networks including LinkedIn and Twitter; promoting the groups to ensure growth as well as managing content and PPC
• Work with the design department to develop the look and feel of events and the brand and ensure that communications across all channels are on-brand
• Manage and co-ordinate all partnerships and presence at internal and industry events
• Monitor customer metrics (sales, revenue, opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.) and create a robust testing plan, underpinning the effectiveness of all campaign activity
• Improve delegate/customer insight and sales conversion
• Manage the creation and optimization of campaign landing pages, acquisition, and renewal activity
• Develop customer data builds to increase effective targeting, response/conversion rates
• Use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and the effectiveness of our campaigns
• Manage and review and feedback on reporting and performance metrics
• Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the wider marketing team
• Closely monitor and report registrations versus target on all events, updating central sheets to ensure accurate financial reporting at group level
What we Value:
• 3+ years of marketing & events experience, in B2B
• Any experience in the technology markets would be advantageous but not essential
• Knowledge and experience of digital marketing with a focus on email marketing and social media
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics to report on campaign effectiveness and customer engagement
• An understanding of how marketing is used to drive leads and how that's measured
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with CRM platforms
• Effective time management
• A strong commercial acumen
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• A positive and enthusiastic approach to your work
• A willingness to learn and take on new ideas
• A good work ethic
What you can expect from us
Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. We offer the opportunity to work within a team of passionate and engaged individuals, as well as flexibility, competitive pay, and a range of employee benefits and perks.
We also offer a range of benefits including:
• Opportunity to join a growing business with lots of opportunities to influence.
• Hybrid/remote working
• Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
• Life assurance scheme
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
• Healthcare/Cashback plan – claim money back for health treatments (Dental, Opticians, and more); access to a virtual GP and wellbeing videos and advice.
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – Access to a 24/7 confidential support line
• Retail discounts and cashback on shopping
• Access to Gym discounts
• Employee referral scheme
• A tailored training and induction plan - we want you to succeed!
• Regular recognition rewards - be recognized and rewarded for day-to-day actions where you go above and beyond, and consistently deliver
• Volunteering days
• The opportunity to work within a globally diverse team
• The opportunity to learn new skills in an ever-changing and adaptable business