As head of global specialist sales for The Channel Company, you will lead the sales efforts for our specialist marketing products worldwide. The Channel Company is a global marketing services agency with 3 lines of business that exclusively serve the technology industry. The specialist sales leader will own the revenue associated with our strategic marketing line of business who construct and sell channel marketing solutions to technology companies. The successful candidate will manage a team of senior solutions sales people, keep them on track with quotas and revenue goals worldwide, recruit, hire, and train solutions sales staff as needed. They will drive and develop sales plans and strategies with these reps to achieve sales goals for our strategic marketing products.
The Channel Company is looking for an experienced sales leader to join our team. This leader will have a range of responsibilities associated with leading and managing a global sales team in the technology industry. They will have an in-depth knowledge of marketing agency sales, preferably in the technology industry. They will be expected to manage a team of senior sales people, own the daily activities of managing such a team, and are expected to be able to participate with The Channel Company’s sales leadership group. They should be excellent communicators with a clear understanding of how to manage client sales, and achieve a team’s sales goals.
- Manage the specialist sales team and provide guidance on their sales operations process
- Create, set and manage sales targets, alongside the Channel Company’s CRO
- Monitor and manage the specialist sales team’s client, product, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Set sales KPI’s and manage the team to agreed upon KPI’s
- Analyze sales team data and contribute to sales forecasting
- Support specialist sales team in client meetings, travel, and events, as needed
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of senior sales people is required
- In-depth knowledge of current selling strategies and methods associated with specialist and solutions sales
- Agency sales, preferably in a marketing agency, is needed
- Selling agency services into technology organizations is preferred
- An understanding of the Channel, and partner sales motions is highly beneficial
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and leading senior sales people is a must
- The proper candidate will be an analytical thinker, comfortable in Salesforce and Excel, and able to leverage sales tools to produce global sales outcomes
This role will report to The Channel Company’s Chief Revenue Officer, and participate in and cooperate with the other sales leaders at their level to drive global sales for the business.
*The Channel Company is licensed in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA. To be considered for this opportunity, you must reside in one of these listed states.