We are seeking a creative, highly organized event planner to help us execute complex events. You will be responsible for conceptualizing ideas for the events, creating and enforcing budgets, liaising with venues & suppliers, communicating with clients, and ultimately ensuring that each event is flawlessly executed from start to finish.
As the event planner, you should be an expert multitasker with impeccable attention to detail. The best person for this role will have an extraordinary ability to foresee risks and anticipate needs of the attending audience & exhibitors.
Event Planner Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain detailed event project plans
- Coordinate with other team members to execute project plan & meet event deadlines.
- Prepare event budgets and process invoices.
- First point of contact for venues, and other external suppliers to implement all aspects of events.
- Communicate with event sponsors to ensure a successful event experience
- Manage specifications for all Audiovisual and production needs
- Manage meeting room sets, food & beverage requests
- Manage hotel reservations & room block
- Oversee all shipping, electric, power, security and internet needs for conference and sponsors
- Manage and execute on-site logistics, including onsite staff management.
- Ability to Research and book venues for future programs
- Work with legal on contracting terms
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Event Management/Event Planning Experience
- Experience in project management with a track record of successful events.
- Knowledgeable in the Event Planning & Hotel Industry
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to lead a team and delegate tasks effectively.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Expert time management skills.
- Financial savvy, with the ability to adhere to plan budgets and process invoices.
- Ability to handle pressure and make split second decisions
- Flexibility to Travel for site visits, planning visits and event execution
- Proficient with event management systems such Cvent, Aventri etc.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of Zoom and other video conferencing platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Basic knowledge of salesforce
*The Channel Company is licensed in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA. To be considered for this opportunity, you must reside in one of these listed states.