The Channel Company has an excellent opportunity for an Events/Sales/Recruitment Specialist
to join our Events team! This is a mix of a business development and customer service role that is ultimately responsible for meeting a quota by delivering the required number of qualified attendees for all events (conferences, workshops, lunches, dinners, receptions) and making sure all attendees and sponsors are satisfied with delivery. To be successful in this role, one will need to develop relationships with the executives around the globe through cold outreach.
The Channel Company values differences because they enhance dynamic teams. We know that the confidence gap can get in the way of connecting with the best candidates. Please do not hesitate to apply – we would be honored to connect with you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build relationships with potential attendees through cold calls, emails, LinkedIn connections and referrals from past & present attendees.
- Get potential attendees to register for upcoming events.
- Invite, confirm, and track RSVPs for custom activities at events (private lunches, private dinners, workshops, etc).
- Provide customer service to all attendees as needed by responding to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Book travel & accommodations for all hosted events
- Provide onsite support to attendees and internal staff by working the registration desk, guiding attendees, setting up and managing boardrooms, and checking attendees in for event and custom activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years' experience in a customer facing role preferably in sales, business development, customer service or marketing required. (cold outreach preferred)
- Working in the technology field is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn technology tools (Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator, Aventri, etc).
- Provide timely, thorough, and friendly customer service to all customers, attendees & internal team.
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently & self-motivated.
- Ability to network with new people through all communication forms (written, cold calls, and in person)
All full-time employees of The Channel Company enjoy benefit offerings such as medical, dental, vision, tele-health, disability, life insurance, health savings accounts, paid parental leave, company matched 401k, unlimited PTO, sick time, and 15 company paid holidays. At The Channel Company we truly value work/life balance, are 100% remote, and employees enjoy flexible working hours. Beyond that, we are an innovative, collaborative, and inclusive group of employees who come together to overcome challenges and achieve best-in-class results.
* The Channel Company is licensed in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT. To be considered for this opportunity, you must reside in one of these listed states.